About Our Family

Lance and I have been married for 10 years!!! We have 3 children, Kenton Doyle, McKelle Alyse, and our new arrival Avilynn Belle. Things are always crazy at our house between juggling work and home life. Even though life is hectic I love living it. It is so wonderful and such a blessing to have a family like ours!

~ The Love Of A Family Is Life's Greatest Blessing ~

*********************************************************

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bedder Things Happen

Well as some of you know, I was planning on taking Lance to LAS VEGAS for the weekend for his birthday.... Well after looking at the weather ( it rained all weekend there too) and after discussing other options.... We decided to stay home, but still let Grandma take the kids for the night.

Lance got what he really wanted, time with me to go look at fixtures, faucets, ect... all the goods for the basement, and my loving hubby told me I could take the money I had for the trip and buy me a bedspread! ( For his birthday ;)



So I was very excited, dinner, movie, and shopping without my kids .... and after 2 years of queen size blankets on a king mattress, FINALLY, an actual bed setting!

We gave up our Ethan Allen queen size poster bed, for a king size mattress on frames.... ;( But with kids in your bed that queen was TOO Scrunchy! and a good night sleep was worth the wait.

It was very hard to pick something out because I have a husband who really cares about the decorating too, it is even harder to find something we both agree on. And I had painted my wall to match the old comforter set. So I wanted something simple that I could still feel like my kids could get on ( not like my old), and we ended up putting it together alacarte, because we couldn't find anything that we both liked that was pre assembled and coordinated...

Now I just need a King Size Bed to put it on... hmmm maybe Lance's next birthday! ;)

6 comments:

Jill Knotwell said...

Happy Birthday Lance! I love getting presents for myself on my husbands birthday too :)

The Dalton Family said...

Happy Birthday Lance! The bedspread looks gerat! Love it! We had planned to go out of town for our anniversary but ended up doing the same thing as you. Bye bye kids and home sweet home! Having the money go towards shopping was all it took to make staying at home the obvious choice for me. After that we decided it shouldn't take a "special occasion" to give ourselves this gift. My kids will be spending the night at grandma's more often I think. :)

The Dalton Family said...

Hey get me your email and I will send you those pics from kenton's campout. They are cute. I dont have very many but. . . they're fun.

Taz, Katie, Lia and Presley said...

So funny- I swear I change our bedding at least once a year- it drives Taz crazy!! We too are living with a cali king on the floor. I was promised I could get a whole new bedroom set in our next house... we will see :)

Windy said...

Very nice...what a nice hubby! Letting you get a new bedspread on his birthday! i am like your friend. I change my bed spread way too often makes Cash crazy! Your bedspread looks great! I don't know Lance but wish him a happy birthday from us!

Jen said...

That's so fun. The bed looks great. Sounds like you received a well deserved break.