About Our Family

Lance and I have been married for 10 years!!! We have 3 children, Kenton Doyle, McKelle Alyse, and our new arrival Avilynn Belle. Things are always crazy at our house between juggling work and home life. Even though life is hectic I love living it. It is so wonderful and such a blessing to have a family like ours!

~ The Love Of A Family Is Life's Greatest Blessing ~

*********************************************************

Friday, November 7, 2008

Family Wards - Something to Cherish

I had a dear friend of mine pass away this week. I attended her funeral today and I saw so many people from my family ward I grew up in.

I feel that in these times, people don't stay in one place too long. Which is fine, but the feeling I got today, seeing so many people from my childhood was overwhelming. Friend's parents, old bishops, old neighbors, who for almost 15 years, were such apart of my life, made me realize the comfort of what a long term family ward does.

It has probably been 10 years since people started moving out of the ward, but at the death of Brooke, they all were there, just like we were still all neighbors again.

To see all of the then "adults" to me, that now I have become, who I trusted, respected, were my leaders, made me think of my kid's future experience. How great it would be for me, to know and have such great relationships with so many people around me for years on years. To know the people who my kids would grow up with and play at, be lead by, would be a blessing an I believe nowadays is a lost reality.

Anyway, I was really struck hard by loosing Brooke, and by the emotional responses that came from her funeral. I hope we all live each day with charity, unjudgmentalness, and support to all those around us.

6 comments:

Villarreal's said...

Hey sweetie, you definately have a good ward and neighborhood there. Take advantage of it while you can. Live life to its fullest. Soak it all up! ;)
-Trisha

Windy said...

I am sorry to hear that you lost a friend. That is so sad. You are an amazing woman and I too look up to you and your attitude for life. I love your family picture.

Jen said...

I am sorry too about you losing a friend. You do have a great attitude, and that bottom paragraph was very well said.

The Dalton Family said...

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your friend. Hope you are feeling better. News like that is never something that is easy to handle. I know what you mean about having those people all together that influenced you so much in your life. I feel the same way when I attend the ward I grew up in. I think that special feeling is a tiny piece of what it will feel like when we get to return "home". What a special reunion to be able to see all our dear friends and family. Brooke is experiencing that now. She is finished with her challenge here on earth and home with many loved ones.

Niki and Jess said...

Hey I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I had a childhood friend pass away this same time last year as well. It is a hard time.

Ali said...

Hey Hilary, it's Ali Banks, I just wanted to tell you how sorry I was to hear of Brooke's passing. I hope that you will be comforted during this difficult time!!