About Our Family

Lance and I have been married for 10 years!!! We have 3 children, Kenton Doyle, McKelle Alyse, and our new arrival Avilynn Belle. Things are always crazy at our house between juggling work and home life. Even though life is hectic I love living it. It is so wonderful and such a blessing to have a family like ours!

~ The Love Of A Family Is Life's Greatest Blessing ~

*********************************************************

Friday, January 23, 2009

Better Late Then Never

So I thought even though it is a distant memory, that I would post about Christmas, more for journal purposes. My family has a Santa come to our family party and this year Kenton really understood and was asking a lot of questions about, " Do we have a chimney mommy for Santa to come down?" and " Mommy, if there is presents under the tree already, will Santa still leave me some?" He also was very much about that Santa would bring him what he wanted - ALL he wanted!



Here is the kids Christmas outfits. I love getting them new Sunday clothes. I have bought too many hats for McKelle that she would never wear. So when we were at the store and she wanted the hat, I was very reluctant to buy it for her. But I did, and she has worn it! Hurray!


Has anyone elses child gone through a phase when they can't smile? This is what I get when I say smile Kenton!



Oh here is my little princess. When we asked her what she wanted Santa to bring her, she said "Pink Presents" I get such a kick out of her little personality. Girls, Girls, they are the funniest, most dramatic things in the world!





This is my baby girl, TO A TEE! My sweet little angel is constantly getting into my makeup and my drawers. If I am getting ready, she is in there with me asking for "MY EYES!"

And I have found numerous splashes of color on my rugs.... ! (when she helps herself) So she got her own "make up". When she realizes it isn't real, we will have a problem ;)
Happy New Years! This is me and Lance on New Years at his parents house. We always go and hang out and have yummy food! We usually try to put a jig saw puzzle together before midnight, but this year we watched MAMMA MIA! I didn't have any idea what I was getting myself into;)
2008 Was a long year. But working from home, and having Lance only working at one job has really made a difference.
2008: Started out with Radiation and MRI's
Lance working 60-80 hours a week.
Lance started to finish our basement
Had another surgery in February - UGH
Good blood results in May
Still living with boxes in my living room in June
Started working from home in August
Pushed to get the basement done- Sheet rock dust!!!!
More good blood results in September
Lance started only working one job- Hallelujah
First Thanksgiving meal ever cooked by myself
Carpet laid on Christmas Eve! Hurray
Lost 5 pounds not working at the office!!! - A miracle
This years goals:
Start a food storage
Get in better shape
Keep good blood results! ( Exercising does lower cancer rates)
Turn 30 gracefully! - We will see ;)
I have more but that is all I will post about!

7 comments:

Duffin Fam said...

Cute, Cute. I am always a slow blogger now, just because I am never in the mood. I blog from home.

Jill Knotwell said...

You know a good way to keep up the good blood results is to run in the mornings with your neighbors. Good job on staying healthy!!

Brandi said...

I can not believe Mckelle looks so old! Isn't she only 2? Your kids are so dang cute.

The Dalton Family said...

Well. . . I still haven't posted Christmas or New Years Eve and I still plan on doing it so dont feel so bad:) Hopefully I can get it posted before the snow melts. Your tree was beautiful! Your kids look darling in their Christmas outfits! Glad to see Santa was good to them this year- they're good kids.

Dibble's said...

What cute pictures! Your little mckelle is such a doll! I'm so glad that things are going so well and I'm jealous that you lost five pounds! I need to start exercising!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your good blood results and on your weight loss.

Windy said...

Yay for good blood results. You are in shape too haha your stomach is as flat as they come....Your christmas pics are adorable. I am glad you had a fun time. It was great seeing the pics. Love it!