About Our Family

Lance and I have been married for 10 years!!! We have 3 children, Kenton Doyle, McKelle Alyse, and our new arrival Avilynn Belle. Things are always crazy at our house between juggling work and home life. Even though life is hectic I love living it. It is so wonderful and such a blessing to have a family like ours!

~ The Love Of A Family Is Life's Greatest Blessing ~

*********************************************************

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What's Been Going On!

So I was extremely busy the week of Christmas, and I then took some time off of work, and vowed to not sit in front of a computer, so I haven't blogged FOREVER!!

So here our some of our Christmas/December events that went on... And the first was I made sugar cookies with my kids for the first time, since being a mom. It is funny. I made them a million times as a kid with my mom, then by myself. But as an adult I haven't made them, so I was calling my mom about the dough consistency, cooking, etc.

But the kids had a great time and ate more frosting then they spread!

They turned out good for my first try... but I think Valentines and Easter will get a better shot at perfection! ;)

We get a real tree every year. I love the way they smell, and as a kid, one of my best Christmas memories was to go to the tree lot to pick out a tree with my parents. Then cutting it and standing it was always an adventure too. So I put my foot down and said, "Real Trees Baby!" I want it to stay a family tradition.
And without fail McKelle of Kenton falls down at the tree lot, and gets soaking wet every year. Sure enough McKelle went a running and tripped and drenched her clothes and put nice dirt stains on her knees!
So if you remember me saying that I like to wrap gifts, I tried to take a picture of some of the gifts I did, but it doesn't really show off the wrapping that well. But anyways, here is my quirky side... I like to wrap gifts.

And finally....
We are almost finished! Hurray, I don't think I could have taken another week of dust, boxes, and disarray! We got our carpet laid on Christmas Eve and the kids went wild running around on it! They were so excited ( I was too, just not enough to run in circles ;)


We sent this picture to Lance at work right after the guy left. The kids still run around every time they go down there. I get dizzy just watching them!
So we just have to get our back splash for the Kitchenette AND a 60" Plasma, Sectional, Surround Sound, Speakers, you know everything to make it functional ;) - Because right now it is just a big blank room. ( And probably will be for I don't know... FOREVER! )
So that is what went on during the first part of the month. I will post Christmas later. Now I am back to work.... UGHHHHHHH! And it is busy season for me. So pray for me to make it through my 6th time of constant calls all day long!

6 comments:

Villarreal's said...

First off I have to say good for you!!! I am happy u spent time with ur family. I was thinking to myself the other day how much fun it would be to really deck out the family blog and realized that I would never be a mommy, playing with my kids if that is what I did, so an hour here or there is gonna have to work out for me! Beautiful gift wrapping!!! Kudos! I dont think I could find the patience for that. You have a lot of talents woman! I need to learn more from you! Singing, flowers, gift wrapping! ;) Its good to see u guys enjoyed the holidays. I LOVE real christmas trees and agree about it being a perfect tradition for the family. Its not the easy way out (buying a fake one), but means a little more to the kids. You are such a good mommy! Ur kids will have great memories of their childhood!
-Trisha

Brandi said...

Fun times! I'm guessing that is your basement that you are finishing? Very nice! Your house is fantastic! I can't believe how long McKelle's hair is! It makes her look so grown up.

The Dalton Family said...

I wanna come see your basement!!! So exciting!! It's just nice to have room to run circles in!! Love the gift wrapping! I haven't blogged forever with no excuse! I still need to post Christmas, maybe before Valentines I'll get to it:) Lets go do lunch! Talk to you later!

Taz, Katie, Lia and Presley said...

I always said I would have a real tree.... too small of a house right now but it looks like you guys had fun picking it out!!

Adams family said...

Looks like the holidays were fun at your house. The basement looks great, we are approaching painting.... I can't wait for the carpet. Your kids are gorgeous! Looks like you are out of diapers and baby stage... lucky girl.

Jill Knotwell said...

I'm glad to see you aren't dead! I want to come see your basement and I am sure you are LOVING it :)